Objectives and Program Initiatives
To achieve its mission, FSS is committed to the following objectives:
- Conduct original research and publication addressing critical development challenges and national policy issues;
- Promote a democratic tradition of public debate and reflection concerning development problems and issues of public policy;
- Expand the knowledge base available to government decisions makers and other FSS stakeholders so as to promote a more constructive dialogue between one and the other;
- Promote a transparent, participatory and all-inclusive policy making and implementation space;
- Build FSS as a financially viable organization with the institutional capacity to develop and deliver effective programs and services.
To achieve the afore-mentioned objectives, FSS undertakes the following core programs:
- Conduct public discussions of important development problems and policy initiatives;
- Involve the wider public in such policy debates through FSS’ FM Radio programs;
- Conduct policy-oriented research and provide policy inputs to decision makers, civil society and the public;
- Disseminate widely the findings of our policy research among policy makers, legislators, the wider public as well as among partner research organizations and other institutions of learning;
- Build a resource center to serve the policy research needs of FSS members, graduate research students, civil society organizations and government decision makers.